When you scan paper documents into Adobe Acrobat, you cut down on document storage space and create files that can be searched, printed and archived on a hard drive. You can scan directly into Acrobat and save the document as a PDF file. If your document is misaligned in the scanner, Acrobat has a deskew option that you can set to automatically straighten documents as they are scanned.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Open Adobe Acrobat Pro. Click the "Create" button and click "PDF From Scanner."
Click "Custom Scan." Click "Options" in the Document Settings panel.
Click the "Deskew" drop-down menu and select "On." Click "OK."
Click "Scan." The document is scanned and automatically aligned.
Tips and warnings
- If you have a PDF of a scanned document that is skewed, open the PDF in Acrobat, click "Tools," then "Document Processing" and select "Optimize Scanned PDF." Click "Edit" in the Filters pane and ensure that "Deskew" is "On."
- You can correct scans of documents that are skewed up to approximately 18-degrees with the deskew option.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for