So much creativity and effort goes into preparing and decorating cupcakes that the last thing you want to do is to ruin them as you transport them to their destination. To keep your cupcakes from getting smashed together or rolling around on the floor of your car, there are a couple of things you can do to keep them stationary so that they arrive at the party in perfect shape.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Cupcake carrier
- Cardboard cake box
- 2-inch floral foam
- Aluminium foil or cardboard
Place a single layer of cupcakes in the bottom tray of a cupcake carrier. Make sure that the carrier can hold multiple trays to carry a large number of cupcakes.
Stack another tray on top of the first one. Place another layer of cupcakes in the holes or slots of the second tray.
Create three or four levels of trays for your cupcakes. Seal the carrier with a lid. Use another carrier with more trays to transport additional cupcakes.
Place a piece of 2-inch floral foam at the bottom of a cardboard cake box.
Lift up a cupcake and insert a toothpick halfway into the bottom of it. Insert the other half of the toothpick in the floral foam. Continue to do this with all the cupcakes.
Place the cupcakes close together but make sure that they're not touching each other in the box. Cover the box with cardboard or foil.
Tips and warnings
- Place containers of packaged cupcakes on the floor of your car to help prevent them from sliding around while you transport them.
- Do not use cling film to cover cupcakes because it will stick to the frosting.
- Do not use the toothpick method of packing cupcakes if the cupcakes have soft fillings.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for