Many women covet blond hair, but it is not easy to maintain. Inevitably, your dark roots appear if you are not a natural blond. Although dark roots have become fashionable with many celebrities, you may want to hide your roots. Luckily, there are simple ways to prevent your dark roots from showing up between your regular colouring.
- Skill level:
Wear a wide headband. This is one of the easiest ways to prevent the dark roots from showing. Just place the headband in a way that covers up the obvious dark roots.
Change your hairstyle. Try a zigzag part. This helps hide the dark roots. You can also sport a bun or ponytail. Pull your hair straight back, keeping it smooth and not parted.
Use a colour hair powder on the dark roots. You can find hair powders at salons and beauty stores. Apply a light colour to the root, following the manufacturer's instructions on the bottle. This is a temporary solution that comes out when you wash your hair.
Dye the roots with a dark ash blond colour, but only touch up the root area. You can find hair colour at any drugstore. Apply the colour with a toothbrush. Leave it on the roots for only 3 minutes and wash it out.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- "Marie Claire"; Find Your Best Hair Color; Genevieve Monsma; April 9, 2011
- "Glamour"; An Inexpensive Reader-Approved Trick to Camouflaging Roots; Beth Shapouri; March 6, 2009
- Glam.com; How to Make Dark Roots Look Good; India-Jewel Jackson; December 9, 2008
- BecomeGorgeous.com: How to Hide Root Regrowth
- Beauty Tips Online: Home Hair Coloring Tips