A spy cam pen is a camera and recording device camouflaged as a pen. The pen may or may not include a writing ink barrel to make it more authentic. Typically, a spy camera pen will feature an LED that alerts you to the status of the battery by turning on or blinking when the battery requires recharging. Additionally, the device will simply stop working if you exhaust its battery. As the pen is designed to appear as inconspicuous as possible, it will have a hidden USB port to use with a USB cable, or hidden USB plug to connect to a computer or charger to recharge.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Turn off the spy camera pen.
Plug the USB cable into the USB port on the pen and then plug the other end of the cable into a computer that's turned on or it to the pen's charger. If the pen has an integrated USB plug, expose the plug. This is usually accomplished by unscrewing the barrel or removing the cap. Then plug the pen directly into the port on the computer or charger. Make sure the charger is plugged into a power source.
Wait for the device to charge. Usually, the LED will continue blinking, start blinking or change to a different colour during the charging cycle. When the cycle ends, the LED light return to normal.
Tips and warnings
- If you exhausted the pen's battery, it may take several minutes before the LED begins to indicate that the battery is charging.
- Charging times vary by pen brand and battery capacity.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for