Make your own facepaint or costume make-up at home and not only will you save money and a trip to the store, you'll know exactly what you are putting on your skin. Homemade white costume make-up is ideal for many different types of applications and can be made using kitchen ingredients. You can be sure that the make-up is safe if you craft it in your own kitchen from nontoxic ingredients.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1/8 cup shortening (either stick or scooped form)
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1/8 cup white flour
- Liquid glycerine (optional)
Pour the cornstarch and white flour into the bowl and stir with the spoon to blend.
Add the shortening and stir to blend. The mixture will form a smooth paste.
Dip your finger in the mixture and spread it on the back of your hand. If the make-up has the right coverage, then proceed. If the make-up is too sheer, add an extra teaspoon of flour. If the mixture is too opaque, add an extra teaspoon of shortening.
Add two or three drops of glycerine if desired and stir with the spoon. The glycerine will make the make-up glide on smoothly and extend the drying time. This step is optional.
Tips and warnings
- Add food colouring a drop at a time to the white mixture to create tinted make-up.
- Make make-up in advance and store in the refrigerator overnight if you are pressed for time on Halloween.
- Liquid glycerine can be found in the bath section of drug or big box stores and is nontoxic and safe for all skin types.
- Don't use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for