Once you become a teen, the places you like to hang out change. The backyard swing is often exchanged for the corner arcade or the local mall. But arcades and malls can get boring. You'll be much more comfortable when you can make your room into a place where you can invite your friends to have a good time or just chill out. Design the room to match your personal tastes. With the right colours and decorative features, you can make your room into a teen hangout.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Paintbrushes or rollers
- Overstuffed furniture
- Window coverings
- Entertainment equipment unit
- Coffee table
- Pop culture posters
- Wall shelves
Paint the walls your favourite colour.
Lay vinyl tile for the floor and add area rugs around the room. Vinyl tile allows for easy cleanup of food and drink spills. Rugs offer a soft spot to sit and can be washed as needed.
Use overstuffed furniture. Over-sized chairs, sectional sofas, bean bag chairs or a recliner offer comfortable areas to relax.
Cover windows with curtains or blinds. This gives you a sense of privacy.
Set up an entertainment unit in the room. A television, video game systems and stereo equipment will keep you and your guests happy and occupied. Add a coffee table so you'll have some place to set snacks and drinks or play board games.
Hang pop culture-related items on the walls and around the room. Depending on your personal taste, hang music, movie and/or fashion-related posters on the walls. Place knick-knacks and pictures related to your interests on wall shelves around the room.
Tips and warnings
- Leave an empty space in the room for dancing, exercising or game playing.
- Injury may occur on furniture and entertainment items with sharp corners when playing or roughhousing in the room. Choose items with rounded or smooth corners.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for