Coins can be used for arts and crafts in many ways; let your imagination come up with anything, from jewellery to knick-knacks. Use simple tools and adhesives to create custom-made masterpieces that add extra flair to a tired line of accessories. Consider the artistic inspiration coins hold and make something all your own.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Waxed paper
- Ink pad
Wash the coins first in soapy water and rinse them. Lay out the coins and tools for construction of the chosen project.
Consider making a necklace, bracelet, anklet or any other form of jewellery that hangs off a string. Place the coin on a level, sturdy surface. Place the tip of a nail on the desired location on the coin for a hole. Tap the nail with a hammer until it goes through. Repeat this for as many coins as the jewellery mandates. Once the holes are set, string the coins together to create jewellery.
Adorn items with coins to add custom-made flair. Use either white craft glue, a hot-glue gun or super glue to attach coins to barrettes, the outside of picture frames, jewellery boxes or any item that needs some extra flair.
Consider using various coins to trace over or use to stamp on paper. Place coins under a sheet of paper and write over them in a swift back-and-forth motion to transpose the coin's imprint. Press the coins into an ink pad and press them on paper to create a stamp.
Tips and warnings
- Consider different currencies to create varied coin products.
- Use glitter of paint to make coins more flashy.
- Place items on waxed paper to keep them from sticking to the table during gluing.
- Keep coins away from the mouth and always wash hands after handling coins.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for