Extra-sensory perception, or telepathy, is a psychic mental ability to transmit information from one mind to another. It is also possible to transfer physical energy or emotional thoughts to someone else. Everyone has varying degrees of telepathic ability which may be unseasoned or dormant. The key is having a clear, still mind through which you can more easily accept telepathic messages. Have a friend help you develop your telepathic abilities by participating in telepathy experiments.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Deck of playing cards
Have a friend participate in the telepathy experiment. Act as the "receiver" and have your friend be the "sender". Sit back-to-back to each other.
Be still and centre yourself for a moment. Use meditation as a way to clear your mind before you begin. Clean your mind of any distractions or thoughts.
Have your partner shuffle the full deck of playing cards, with his back still facing you. Your partner should pick the top card from the deck, look at it and tap audibly on the card to indicate he is ready to send the image on the card.
The sender must initially send the colour of the card -- red or black -- to your mind. Try and connect with the sender's mind to discover what colour the person is thinking of. This works well when the sender closes his eyes and visualises any object with either a solid black or red colour -- a red Cadillac, a black dog, etc.
Call out which colour you believe the sender was thinking of after a few moments of telepathic transmission and contemplation. Have the sender place a check-mark on a scorecard or a piece of paper if you guess correctly. If you have more than half the 52-card deck guessed correctly, then you have developed your telepathy skills well.
Tips and warnings
- When you have developed your telepathic skills, try guessing the number on the sender's playing card as well.
- You may also perform this same experiment without the cards, instead having the sender focus on a particular coloured object. Guess the colour of the object the sender is thinking of.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for