Speed cloth is the felt material used to make the surface of pool and billiards tables. The fine nap and tight-weave of this material create a smooth playing surface that allows balls to roll effortlessly across the length of the table. Dirt, grime and chalk dust from pool cues can all interfere with the performance of speed cloth, which is why cleaning plays an important role in your regular maintenance routine. According to "The FAQs of Pooly & Pocket Billiards," you should clean your cloth every three to four months; however, other sources, including "2,001 Amazing Cleaning Secrets" recommend peruse cleaning. You should follow a cleaning routine that works for your schedule, bearing in mind that cleaning too much can wear down the cloth.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Pool felt cleaning solution
- Pool table brush
Remove large pieces of grime and lint by hand.
Spray the table with the cleaning solution moving your hand in a sweeping motion from side to side.
Wipe away the cleaning solution with a soft, microfiber cloth. Allow the table to dry for one to two hours.
Brush the table lengthwise, moving the tool from the head spot, where you first place the white ball, to the foot rail, where the balls are initially racked. Remove lint and crumbs from the brush as you clean.
Tips and warnings
- Avoid costly stains and damage by using your pool table exclusively for gaming. Do not eat and drink near the table. Do not sit on the table.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for