The GSM7324 is a switch manufactured by Netgear. A switch is a networking device used to link computers together under a local area network (LAN). When you set up the switch, you have the option to specify a network administrator login name and password. If you ever forget the password, you can reset the switch back to factory defaults, including the default password. Resetting the switch removes any other security or IP settings on the switch.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Paper clip or pen
Unplug the power adaptor cable from the back of the GSM7324.
Locate the "reset" button on the front of the Netgear GSM7324 switch, on the left front side of the unit. The "reset" button is an indented button to the right of the status, fan and power LED lights.
Insert the end of an unfolded paper clip or the tip of a pen into the "reset" button slot and press the button inward. Hold for approximately 10 seconds to ensure a reset.
Reconnect the power cable to the back of the router.
Tips and warnings
- If you're still not able to log in after the reset, repeat the procedure and connect the power cable to the switch while pressing the "reset" button. Continue holding the "reset" button for an additional 20 seconds.
- The default user name for the Netgear GSM7324 is Admin and the default password is blank. If you've never changed the password on your Netgear GSM7324 switch, use these to log in.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for