Fancy fonts and letters can be created in your word processing program. Microsoft Office has "WordArt" that can be used to make large fancy letters with ease. Other programs such as Power Point will allow you to make fancy letters on your computer or use graphics from various websites. Digital scrapbooking programs are another source that can be used to create fancy letters on the computer. Using "WordArt" in the Microsoft Office program is one of most convenient options for many people.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Microsoft Office software
Open a new Word document on your computer screen.
Select the "Insert" tab at the top of your screen. This will bring up a new menu with various choices on the top of the computer screen.
Click on "WordArt" which is located in the menu on the middle-right side. When you put your mouse over the "WordArt" selection it will bring down a drop box with various choices of word designs and colours.
Click on the letter design that you want.
Type the text that you want to appear in the text box. Chose the font and colour of the fancy letters that your are creating with the "WordArt."
Click "Enter." Your text will show up in the document written in the fancy letter style that you chose from the "WordArt" menu.
Tips and warnings
- Use the text box to change the size of your word or sentence that you have created in "WordArt." You can stretch out the length and width of the letters by editing the size of the text box that surrounds your "WordArt" letters.
- The "WordArt" letters can create dimension to the words and add some vibrant colour and special effects to your project.
- In Microsoft Office 2007, the "WordArt" section is located under the "Insert" tab, but if you are using Microsoft 2003, XP or 2010 then you will look under the "Drawing" toolbar for "WordArt."
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for