The Permatex black silicone adhesive is a general purpose compound that is designed to create a seal around mechanical components. The black adhesive can also be used to create seals around wood, plastic, ceramic and glass materials. Once the black silicone cures, it creates a flexible rubber seal that can withstand rain, wind, and extreme temperatures. If the black silicone adhesive has to be removed for any reason, it can only be removed by using the Permatex Silicone Stripper. Any other type of silicone or adhesive stripper will strip the paint around the silicone as well.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Safety Glasses
- Protective gloves
- Clean rags
- Permatex silicone stripper and gasket remover
- Flexible plastic scraper
Wipe down the surface of the Permatex black silicone adhesive with a clean rag to remove any dust, dirt or other debris.
Open the tube of Permatex silicone stripper and gasket remover and apply a generous amount of the stripper across the surface of the black silicone.
Wait a couple of minutes for the stripper to take affect on the black silicone. Once the black silicone begins to dissolve, wipe away the silicone with a clean rag.
Scrape away any left over pieces of the black silicone with a flexible plastic scraper. Clean the remaining residue from the surface with another clean rag.
Tips and warnings
- The Permatex Silicone Stripper is the only silicone stripper designed to not remove paint.
- Always wear safety glasses and protective gloves when working with any type of stripper.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for