Hotkeys are an essential tool for playing StarCraft II. You probably won't find a single pro player who uses mouse clicks for upgrades and production. Using hotkeys allows you to produce units more quickly, manage your economy more efficiently and direct separate groups of units around the map with ease. You can even go a step further and combine traditional unit and building hotkeys with camera hotkeys to take your game to a whole other level.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Select the unit or building to which you want to assign a hotkey.
Hold down the "Control" key on your keyboard and type a number to assign that building or unit to the number.
Press that number to select that unit or building again.
Hold down the "Shift" key on your keyboard, and type the same number to add units and buildings to an existing control group.
Hold down "Control" and type a previously assigned number to replace units and buildings in an existing control group.
Setting Unit and Building Hotkeys
Press F10 and select the "Hotkeys" menu. Select the "Global" tab to adjust where your camera "Create" and "Jump To" keys are bound.
Hold down "Shift" and then press a function key to assign a camera hotkey.
Assign camera hotkeys to your base, Xel'Naga towers and other important parts of the map.
Press the function key to return to that camera location.
Hold "Shift" and press the same function key to overwrite the existing camera hotkey.
Setting Camera Hotkeys
Tips and warnings
- You can use hotkeys for add-on buildings like Tech Labs and Reactors.
- If you have different buildings or units on one hotkey, press tab to cycle through them.
- Take the time to learn your hotkeys before playing on the ladder.
- Always use the same hotkeys for the same buildings and units, or you may get confused.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for