When you suffer from facial scars that refuse to fade, concealer is a must-have in your make-up bag. Because of their location and the difficulty of hiding them, facial scars are among the most frustrating scars to have. Whether they are caused by severe acne or trauma to the face, facial scars can cause low self-esteem and insecurity, but they are not impossible to hide. Concealer has been used for everything from covering wrinkles to reducing redness, and covering facial scars is one of the exact reasons it was created.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Exfoliate your skin and clean your face thoroughly before applying any make-up. Concealer works best on clean skin. Moisturise with your favourite lotion or cream and allow it to soak into your skin before applying concealer.
Pick a concealer that is one shade lighter than the foundation you use. Concealers come in different colours; pick one that suits your needs. A green concealer covers redness and skin that has become dark due to acne. Blue concealer will whiten the redness, and a beige concealer works best to cover scars caused by acne or blackheads.
Apply the concealer using a make-up sponge or your fingers. Apply concealer directly on to your scars and blemishes and avoid rubbing it into your entire face. Concealer is a spot treatment, and is not a replacement for foundation; using concealer as a foundation will make your skin look blemished and fake.
Blend the concealer into your skin well to avoid it looking caked on and visible underneath your foundation. Smudge and blend the concealer using a make-up sponge, and reapply as necessary to fully cover scars and blemishes.
Liberally apply a heavy coverage foundation over the concealer and blend well. Top your foundation with a translucent powder to set and finish the look. Rub in the powder gently with a kabuki brush or a large powder brush.
Tips and warnings
- Try out both liquid and solid concealers to determine which works better for your scars.
- Consider using a medical concealer, which is created specifically for covering scars and burns.`
- Consider using a concealer that is natural and fragrance free if you have sensitive skin.
- Concealer can clog pores and cause acne; wash your face thoroughly to avoid this.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for