PowerPoint presentations can be customised to suit the speaker's needs. The presentation is composed of slides, each accommodating pictures, charts and text or a combination of all three. Aside from the items that can be placed on the slide, the slide's background colour can be changed. For example, if the company's colours are blue and red, the background for one slide can be blue while the next slide's background can be red.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Right-click on the slide and choose "Format Background."
Select "Solid fill" from the "Format Background" dialogue box.
Click on the down arrow beside the "Color" icon.
Select the desired colour or if the desired colour is not available choose "More Colors." Press the "Custom" tab in the "Colors" dialogue box. In the "Custom" tab, move the crosshairs to choose the precise colour you want.
Tips and warnings
- Select "Gradient fill" to vary the hues of the slide's colour background.
- Pictures and textures can also be used as a slide's background; select "Picture or texture fill" from the "Format Background" dialogue box.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for