The Chicago Cutlery Magnetic Knife Strip by Hampton Forge mounts on the wall to allow easy storage of knives and other metallic utensils. It frees up counter space by eliminating the need for a knife storage block. The Knife Strip comes with a magnetic holder and two screws that attach to mounting brackets on each end. However, it does not include installation instructions, but is simple to mount.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Magnetic strip
- Ruler or tape measure
- Screwdriver or drill
Decide on wall placement. Hold the magnetic strip in a desired place and mark inside the mounting brackets with a pencil.
Place the strip on a counter top and measure between the mounting brackets. Write down the measurement and measure between pencil marks on the wall. The two measurements should be the same.
Drive one screw partially into the wall and attach the mounting bracket. Drive a second screw partially into the wall and attach other bracket.
Tighten both screws so that they securely hold the magnetic strip. Hang your knives or other metallic utensils on the strip.
Tips and warnings
- If the two measurements do not match up, measure again to correct.
- Partially drive screws in at first to be sure they are the correct distance.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for