Theme parties are a fun way to celebrate a child's birthday, providing an extra exciting element to an already fun day. The cake, of course, is one of the most important parts of any party---and for a theme party, it can be one of the most daunting. If your child has requested a military theme, however, don't worry---a tank cake is quick and easy if you know a few simple tips.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Two sheet cakes (any flavour)
- Sharp knife
- Vanilla frosting
- Yellow and green food colouring
- Butter knife
- Circular chocolate cookies
- Chocolate wafer stick
Mix the green and yellow food colourings in the icing to make an olive brown colour. Use the butter knife to ice one cake and set aside.
Taper the second cake with the sharp knife so that one side is higher then the other. Trim the sides of the cake so it is slightly smaller in diameter than the other cake. Place this cake on top of the other.
Ice the top cake and the sides of both cakes. Make sure to smooth over the crack between them so it isn't noticeable.
Put chocolate cookies on either side of the bottom cake. These are the "wheels." Be sure to put equal numbers of cookies on each side.
Stick the chocolate wafer in the taller side of the top cake, facing the shorter side. Put a candle inside the wafer and light when ready. This will add an exciting element of realism to the cake.
Tips and warnings
- Have an adult light the candle and supervise children when around matches at all times.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for