When you start up your Windows Vista computer, you may receive an error that says "Microsoft Mobile PC Presentation Adaptability Client has stopped working." This error typically occurs after a failed installation of Vista Service Pack 2. You can resolve this issue by performing a clean boot on your computer. Note that you will require administrative privileges to perform this task.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Click the Start menu and type "msconfig.exe" (without the quotes) in the search bar. Press the "Enter" key to launch "System Configuration Utility."
Type your administrator password when prompted, or else click "Continue."
Click the "General" tab.
Click "Selective Startup."
Click to remove the check next to "Load start-up items."
Click the "Services" tab. Click to select "Hide all Microsoft services." Next, click "Disable all."
Click "Restart." You will not see the error message when the computer completes the booting procedure.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- Microsoft: How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
- Corrupted File Repair: Microsoft Mobile PC Presentation Adaptability Client Information about File 'PresentationSettings.exe'
- Microsoft: Startup Error Message: "Microsoft Mobile PC Presentation Adaptability Client has stopped working"