Are you a dog owner looking for a way to make certain your dog is well fed while you're away? Maybe you're a dog lover who longs to have a furry companion but you don't own one because you fear your hectic schedule will interfere with your ability to feed and nourish your pet. Whatever the case, there is a solution --- a dog food dispenser. Whether occupied by work, going out for a quick dinner or taking a weekend vacation, dog food dispensers are a great way to ensure your pet gets the food necessary while you're away.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Recycled 2-liter bottle
- Paper towels or small hand towel
- 2-inch-deep plastic food container
- Flat bowl (optional)
- Nontoxic paint (optional)
- Nontoxic markers (optional)
- Fabric (optional)
- Glue (optional)
Remove all of labels from the recycled 2-liter bottle. Rinse the bottle thoroughly until all excess waste and debris are gone after removing the labels. Dry the bottle using a paper towel or small hand towel.
Let the bottle dry thoroughly. Cut a 1-inch slit diagonally in the top of the bottle with the scissors.
Pour dry dog food into the bottle. Fill only the bottom half of the bottle; make sure that no dog food is placed above the slit you created.
Turn the bottle with the food upside down, ensuring that no food falls out. The top of the bottle should now be the bottom of the feeder, and the bottom should now be the top. Take a plastic foodcontainer or flat bowl and place the bottle inside the tray. Balance the bottle and the tray against a wall, to ensure the proper portions of food are dispensed.
Tips and warnings
- Personalise your dog food dispenser with paints, markers or fabric. Use only nontoxic products when adding decorations. Because dogs tend to chew on things, using toxic products could prove to be hazardous to your pet's health if swallowed. Read the labels to determine if the item is nontoxic. Also make certain the decorative products you use won't cause damage to the dog food.
- When cutting the slit into the plastic bottle, make sure it is a smooth cut. Jagged edges on a bottle can sometimes result in minor cuts.
- Hold the bottle away from you when cutting the slit.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for