These days there's not much time for home cooking, so shortcuts and quick ways to provide healthy and homemade food to the family are always welcome. Using Rhodes frozen bread dough means baking homemade bread loaves and sandwich buns is much less time consuming than it used to be. Once the frozen bread dough is thawed the preparation of buns takes just five minutes of hands-on time. After that, the rising is done without further attention, so delicious homemade sandwich buns can be served with the minimum of effort.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Rhodes Frozen Texas Rolls
- Baking tray
- Oil spray
- Cling film
Allow the frozen dough to thaw. Thawing in a refrigerator keeps the dough cold which is ideal for baking.
Separate the rolls and dip or roll each one in flour to coat it completely. Gently shape and flatten each roll into a 4-inch circle. Spray oil on the baking tray then set the rolls on the tray. Cover them with sprayed cling film and leave somewhere warm to rise. This may take a couple of hours.
Heat the oven to 177 degrees Celsius. When the rolls have doubled in size remove the cling film and bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
Tips and warnings
- Rhodes frozen bread dough is available in both ready-shaped buns or as frozen dough for loaves. Dough intended for baking loaves can quickly and easily be cut and shaped into rolls then baked in the same way as pre-shaped buns.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for