The microwave has changed how we cook many foods, and eggs are no exception. While you can easily poach an egg in a cup or custard dish, many plastic microwave egg poachers are on the market as well. These poachers are simple to use and let you to serve poached eggs in 2 to 3 minutes. Most egg poachers are sold as two-egg models, but you can also find models for single or multiple eggs.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Non-stick spray
- Measuring spoons
- Fork or sharp-tipped knife
Spray the cups in the egg poacher with non-stick spray.
Measure 1/2 tsp of water into each cup.
Break a single egg into each cup of the poacher.
Pierce the yolk of the egg once with the tine of a fork or the tip of a sharp knife. This will keep the egg from exploding in your microwave.
Close the lid on the poacher and microwave on high for 60 to 90 seconds. The exact time depends on the power of the microwave.
Remove the poacher from the microwave and let the eggs rest for 1 to 2 minutes, depending on how well done you want the yolk.
Tips and warnings
- The eggs will continue to cook after the microwave cycle.
- Non-stick spray will make the eggs slide from the poacher easily.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for