Mould and even mushrooms often crop up in bathrooms that are infrequently cleaned. Mould spores are everywhere. And all they need to develop are moisture and organic matter -- two things found in abundance in bathrooms. No matter how bad the mould and mushroom problem, it can be cleaned. Mould spores cause respiratory problems in allergy sufferers and if left in place long enough, they can stain. All you need to clean up a mushroom and mould infestation is an all-purpose bathroom cleaner and the appropriate protective gear.
Scoop up all of the mushrooms and excess mould with paper towels. Once you are done with the surface clean, place all of the paper towels in a plastic bag. Double-knot the bag and then throw it away.
Clean the mouldy area with an all-purpose bathroom cleaner and nylon brush. Keep scrubbing and rinsing with a wet sponge until you can lift no more of the mould. If no traces of mould or mould stain are left, wipe the floor clean and you're done. If some mould staining remains, move on to Step 3.
Pour 2 gallons of warm water in a bucket. Add 1 cup of TSP. Stir well for two minutes or until the powder is dissolved.
Saturate the moulded area with the TSP solution. Leave it in place for 15 minutes. Re-wet the area if necessary.
Scrub the moulded area with your scrub brush.
Rinse the area clean with a wet sponge.
If the mould covers an area larger than a square meter, or comes back soon after cleaning, seek professional help.