Vinyl dolls can last a lifetime if they are well cared for. Even if you find a vinyl doll that has seen better days, many stains or deposits on the doll can be removed. To remove glue or any other stain from a vinyl doll, you should start with the mildest form of cleanser before moving on to stronger cleansers or solvents. It may take a specialised product to remove the glue, depending on the type of glue and how long it has been there.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Dish soap and water
- Paper towels or rags
- Baking soda
- Goo Gone or other glue or stickiness solvent
Remove the doll's clothes and set them aside.
Attempt to remove the glue with dish soap and water. Dab a small amount of dish soap on the toothbrush. Wet it with warm water and gently scrub the glue away. If this doesn't remove the glue, try adding baking soda ans scrubbing again.
Apply the Goo Gone or other glue solvent with the toothbrush, the rag or by the method indicated on the product's label.
Repeat until all the glue is removed. Rinse the spot in water and pat dry.
Tips and warnings
- Scrub gently to remove the glue. You want to use the minimum force required to remove the glue.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for