Smaller dirt bikes are a great way for young riders or new riders to learn how to correctly operate and have fun on a motorcycle. A common problem with most smaller motorcycles is that the stock clutch adjustment makes the clutch hard to pull. However, if you need to adjust the clutch on a Loncin 110cc dirt bike, the process is simple and requires no tools. The job should take about five minutes to complete.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Motorcycle centre stand or triangle stand
Lift your Loncin dirt bike onto a motorcycle centre stand or prop it on its triangle stand.
Diagnose whether the clutch needs to be loosened or tightened. Pull it all the way several times and decide how it needs adjusted.
Loosen the inner locknut on the lever end of the clutch cable. Twist the nut counterclockwise as far as possible.
Twist the cable adjuster clockwise to tighten the lever and counterclockwise to loosen. Do this only several twists at a time, then pull the lever to test your adjustment.
Tighten the locknut when you are satisfied with the lever's adjustment.
Tips and warnings
- Go for a ride after you adjust the lever. If it still feels uncomfortable, adjust it again.
- Always be aware of pinch points when working around motorcycle parts.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for