One of the most important aspects of LED HDTVs is the input lag ratio. Input lag occurs in flat panel HDTVs because the TV screen needs time to process the image from the game or TV program in order to substantially improve the quality. Input lag can be a problem for fast-paced, high-quality modern games, because the TV may not be fast enough to properly render the game images in time for an appropriate response to be made by the player. "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2" (MW2) is one example of a game that can lag on LED TVs. Luckily, there are several ways to fix lag during MW2.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- VGA cables
Check your lag, using an online display lag calculation program. Examples of these programs include; HumanBenchmark's response lag measurement, The Lagom response lag test, or the FlatpanelsHD input lag test (see Resources).
Turn on "Game Mode" on the LED TV. This can often be found by pressing the "Menu" button on common remotes, then going to "Settings" and selecting "Game Mode." Other remotes have a "View Mode" button that switches between "TV," "Movie," and "Game" modes.
Switch to VGA cables from HDTV cables. HDTV cables may cause a slight delay in image transmission, using VGA cables may fix this problem. The VGA and GDTV cable connections can be found in the back of LED TV sets, as well as on the back of PS3 units.
Turn off extra video processing features on the LED TV. To turn off extra video processing features on an LED TV, consult the owner's manual, and follow the steps within.
Calibrate Modern Warfare 2 to run on reduced settings. Specifically, enter into the "graphical settings" screen, and change the screen resolution from "720p" to "480p."
Tips and warnings
- Make sure to double-check the connecting cables; sometimes incorrectly placed cables can cause lag.
- Double-check your TV settings to make sure it is not in movie or TV mode.
- Follow all directions in the TV's owner manual regarding changing settings in order to maintain correct TV performance.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for