If you have always wanted to straighten your curly hair, but are worried about damaging your hair, you are in luck. There is a do-it-yourself home remedy that allows you to straighten your hair in the comfort of your own home. This straightening method does not require heat or harsh chemicals. The ingredients used in this remedy are all natural and actually enhance the health of your hair instead of decreasing it.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Spray bottle
- 1/3 cup milk
- Clean towel
- Wide-tooth comb
Fill a spray bottle with 1/3 cup of milk.
Place a clean towel around your shoulders to prevent milk from dripping onto your clothing.
Spray enough of the milk onto your dry hair to completely saturate your hair.
Use a wide-tooth comb to evenly distribute the milk through the hair. Be sure to start at the ends of the hair and work your way up to the scalp.
Allow the milk to sit on the hair for 20 to 25 minutes. Take this time to shower as normal.
Rinse the hair while in the shower.
Use shampoo and conditioner to wash and condition the hair as normal. Allow the hair to hair dry.
Tips and warnings
- It is important to complete this straightening method prior to showering to avoid smelling like milk.
- Do not attempt to brush hair while it is still wet. Brushing wet hair will cause breakage and damage.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for