No-sew fleece blankets make for a cosy homemade baby shower gift that can quickly be put together by even a novice crafter. A tied-fleece baby blanket that utilises ribbon requires a little more time and effort, but the result is more elaborate than the traditional no-sew fleece blanket. Make a ribbon-tie fleece blanket to give as a gift at the next baby shower you attend.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 36-inch-square pieces of fleece, 2
- 1-inch-wide ribbon
Stack the two pieces of fleece with the wrong sides together.
Cut small slits along all four sides through both pieces of fleece. Make the slips approximately an inch long, running parallel with the edge, and an inch away from the edge. Space the slits an inch apart.
Cut a 6-inch-long piece of ribbon for each slit. Cut the ends at a 45-degree angle for a more finished look. Heat both ends of the ribbon with a lighter to seal the ends.
Thread the ribbon through the overlapping slits in the two pieces of fleece. Tie the ends of the ribbon together in a double knot at the outer edge of the fleece to hold the two pieces together. Do this for each slit cut through the two layers of fleece.
Tips and warnings
- Use more than one colour or pattern of ribbon to tie the two pieces of fleece together for a more colourful baby blanket.
- Use ribbons with different textures to provide the baby with a simple sensory blanket for when he is older.
- Use caution when using the lighter. Only brief exposure to the flame is necessary to seal the ribbon.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for