The Kindle, developed by Amazon, is an e-book reader that allows the user to purchase downloadable books and view them on its display screen. If your Kindle freezes and will not turn off, you can reset the device to restore it to proper working order.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Use your Kindle's keyboard to reset the device. Hold down the SHIFT and ALT keys, then press the "R" key.
Perform a soft reset on the Kindle. Locate the reset button hole on the back of the device and insert a paper clip gently into the hole to press the reset button.
Unplug your Kindle if it is charging and remove the battery. Press the power button, and then reinstall the battery.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure your Kindle is fully charged before resetting it to ensure that the reset works properly.
- Removing the battery while the Kindle is plugged into the charger can damage its electronic components.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for