You finally traded in your clunker for a new vehicle to transport your family to and from the slopes. Equipped with a rack to carry your snowboards, the dream of deep powder and smiling faces will become your reality. Thule offers a rack system with interchangeable accessories, making it a useful carrier for snowboards, bikes or any other cherished possessions. But first you must determine the suitable Thule product to fit your new ride.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Internet Access or Thule Fit Manual (available at your local Thule retailer)
Access the Thule Fit Guide via the Internet (see Resources).
Select the "Snowsport Carrier" option.
Follow the prompts to select your vehicle's make, model and year of manufacturing.
Decide if your vehicle has a normal roof or a factory-installed roof rack and check the appropriate box on the screen.
Determine if your vehicle has a trailer hitch or tow bar. If so, follow the prompts to select the receiver size and class. If not, skip this step.
View the options for the base racks suggested for roof mounts. Select an option that will best fit your budget and needs. If your vehicle has a trailer hitch, skip this step.
View the suggested Snowsport Carriers and opt for the best match.
Evaluate the need for rack accessories and mark those appropriate or select "continue."
Select the "finish configuration" button and hit "continue" if you choose to purchase these items online. If not, write down the products you've selected and take them to your local Thule retailer.
Tips and warnings
- If you are uneasy with fitting the rack yourself, your local Thule retailer can access its Fit Guide and select the best options for you.
- Once a base rack is chosen, you can interchange accessories to fit all of your gear needs.
- If you choose to purchase your Thule rack from a retailer, they will usually throw in a free installation. By purchasing it online, you will not have this option.
- When choosing a base rack and/or carrier, note the "recommended" options. If you prefer an alternative, do your research to make sure its a good fit.
- Purchasing the cylinder locks for both the base rack (if mounting to your roof) and the carrier is essential to provide protection from theft.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for