The Amazon Marketplace allows independent resellers to sell their merchandise through the Amazon website. As part of its system of quality control, Amazon enables customers to leave feedback for each transaction they complete with a third-party vendor. Customers can rate an individual seller from one to five stars, with five being the highest and one being the lowest; they can also leave a brief written note. Getting negative feedback can negatively affect your reputation and your sales as a seller on Amazon. However, Amazon provides various ways to get negative feedback removed in certain cases.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Contact the buyer to see if you can correct the situation for which she has left negative feedback. Offer a possible partial or full refund of the purchase. If the buyer is extremely unhappy with the item she received from you, offer to exchange it or allow her to return it for a full refund of the purchase price. Ask the customer what would make amends in the situation in her view, and then do your best to fulfil that request.
Ask the customer to remove the negative feedback herself. Amazon allows customers to remove negative feedback left for third-party sellers in the Marketplace within 60 days of the order purchase. Once you've resolved the situation to what you think is the customer's satisfaction, e-mail her and ask her to remove the negative feedback that no longer applies. Be honest and let her know that the negative feedback is negatively affecting your livelihood. While Amazon provides instructions for customers to sift through all the feedback they've left in order to find yours and remove it, it's best to send her a direct link to the order. From there, she can click on the "Remove" link to delete the feedback.
Contact Amazon directly and ask the company to remove the feedback. Amazon will only remove negative feedback in three specific circumstances: if the feedback contains profanity or vulgar language, if the feedback includes personally identifying information such as your home address or phone number or if the feedback comments are a product review. This means that it is a product description only. The customer has the right to comment on the quality of the goods you send her, but if the feedback is only a description of the product, it is possible Amazon may remove the feedback under its rules.
Tips and warnings
- If you are unable to have Amazon remove your feedback and your customer refuses to do so, contact all your other customers who have yet to leave you any feedback and ask them to rate your transactions. This will push the negative feedback further down on your seller page and will dilute the effect of the low feedback score on your overall score.
- Never volunteer a refund as part of a deal or a bribe in exchange for a customer promising to delete her negative feedback. This is against Amazon's terms of service.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for