Highly flexible vinyl plastic tubing serves many purposes for your small water volume plumbing needs. Use it for an ice maker or a small plant watering system. Its smooth surfaces never corrode, and prevent the build-up of any bacterial growth, either inside or outside of the tubing. To install a fitting on the end of the tubing, you need a compression ring commonly called a ferrule. Use a plastic ferrule and never brass, which could dig into the tubing and cause a leak.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Brass compression nut
- Plastic compression ring (ferrule)
- Brass insert adaptor
- Brass compression fitting
- 2 adjustable wrenches
Cut the vinyl tubing with the knife. Cut it at a straight 90 degree angle.
Slide the brass compression nut onto the tubing.
Slide the plastic compression ring over the tubing.
Insert the brass insert adaptor into the plastic tubing. Push it all the way in until the tubing is flush with the collar at the end.
Insert the tubing into the brass compression fitting.
Screw the nut onto the fitting until it is hand tight.
Hold the body of the fitting with one wrench and tighten the nut with the other.
Tips and warnings
- Do not try to install the compression ring without the insert adaptor. The tubing will collapse and will not make a seal.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for