The overhead console in a Chrysler PT Cruiser contains two map lights that you can press on and off, and they also illuminate when a door opens. Like any bulb, the PT Cruiser's overhead console light bulbs may burn out over time. Changing these bulbs will require a trip to the auto parts store or Chrysler dealer to purchase a replacement bulb, but otherwise you can do the job at home using a screwdriver.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Flathead screwdriver
Locate the two plastic tabs that secure the light lens in the PT Cruiser's console light housing by inserting the screwdriver into the gap between the two and prying gently. Repeat the process by repositioning the screwdriver until you locate the tabs.
Use the screwdriver as leverage to remove the light lens by first disengaging the tab from one side of the housing, then prying downward until the lens releases.
Pull the bulb from the socket and discard it.
Push the replacement bulb into the PT Cruiser's overhead console light housing.
Replace the lens in the light housing. Secure the retaining tab on one side and then gently push the other side of the lens into the light housing. If necessary, use the screwdriver as leverage.
Tips and warnings
- Check the fuse if multiple bulbs go out at one time.
- Refer to the Chrysler PT Cruiser owner's manual for the replacement bulb needed.
- Use care when prying the lens from the light housing. Rough handling can result in lens damage.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for