Over the course of its life, your Panasonic Genius Premier microwave may go through several light bulbs. Although a burnt-out light bulb may seem like a small part of the microwave, it actually helps you visually confirm your cooking methods while using the microwave. In fact, many microwave recipes ask you to cook the food until it is done or until the cheese has melted, etc. If you notice that your Genius Premier's light has burnt out, you can replace it by accessing the light cover under the vent grille.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Replacement light bulb
Unplug the microwave oven. Unscrew the three screws holding the vent grille in place. Slide a finger under the bottom of the charcoal filter and pull it out of the microwave.
Lift the tab of the oven light cover and push it back. Remove the cover.
Unscrew the dead light bulb and replace it with a new one.
Replace the oven light cover, the charcoal filter and the vent grille.
Tips and warnings
- Avoid touching the new light bulb with your bare hands, if possible; the natural oils on your fingers can shorten the life of a light bulb.
- Do not use any light bulb over 125 volts, 30 watts. If you can't find the bulb locally, you can order the part from any Panasonic parts dealer: part number F612E5H00AP.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for