The HoMedics SC-300 Scale is an electronic bathroom scale that shows a person's weight as a digital readout. The scale can show the readout in pounds, 25 to 350; or in kilograms, 12 to 160. Because the scale is digital, it requires little of the manual setting required with a mechanical or dial-type scale, such as turning a dial to zero. Instead, simply select a unit of measurement and stand perfectly still on the scale while it determines your weight.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Turn your HoMedics SC-300 scale over. Slide the "KG/LB" switch to kilograms or pounds as desired. Turn the scale back over and place it on a level floor.
Prepare the scale to take readings: Step on the scale completely, step off, and wait 30 seconds.
Remove your clothing. Clothing adds weight, making any reading slightly inaccurate.
Step on the scale to take the measurement. The weight will appear on the display as a number.
Tips and warnings
- If "Err" or "0.C" appears on the SC-300 display, reweigh yourself. The scale was unable to provide a reading.
- If "LO" appears on the display, replace the battery. Turn the scale over, remove the battery compartment cover and pop out the old battery, using a screwdriver to pry it free if necessary. Insert a new 3-volt CR 2032 lithium battery, positive side up, in the empty spot, and then push the cover back into place.
- To clean your scale, simply wipe it with a slightly damp cloth. If it has a stain, wipe it with a slightly soapy cloth, and then with a damp cloth to rinse away the soap residues.
- Never place your scale on soft surface such as carpeting or a rug.
- Storing your scale with chemicals, or with items stacked on top of it, can result in inaccurate readings and other damage.
- Using the scale for items that weigh more than 159kg. or 160kg can damage it.
- Never clean the scale with detergents, abrasives or harsh chemicals.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for