Teeth whitening uses bleaching gel to remove stains and discolouration from teeth. Whitening works both on external stains from beverages such as coffee or red wine as well as internal stains caused by the use of some antibiotics. Nite White ACP is a professional home whitening system that users apply to their teeth nightly. A dentist creates a custom whitening tray using an imprint taken from the patient's teeth, and the patient takes home the tray and the whitening gel.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Custom fitted whitening trays
- 2.4ml whitening gel syringes
Brush and floss your teeth. Rinse with warm water after brushing and again after flossing to help eliminate any leftover food particles in the mouth.
Twist the plastic cap to the left until it comes off the gel syringe. You may need to pull slightly while twisting to remove it. Twist on the mixing cap by turning it to the right until it locks on. You will know it has locked on when it does not twist further and feels sturdy.
Put a medium-sized drop (about nickel size in diameter) of the Nite White ACP gel in the centre of each tooth imprint within the tray. Do not overfill the tray with gel.
Place the whitening tray in your mouth. Press the tray gently toward the gums, so that the entire front portion of your teeth are covered. Look in the mirror to make sure the mould is in place and properly aligned.
Wipe away any extra gel with a cotton swab. Wipe in a downward motion away from the gums to avoid accidentally rubbing the Nite White ACP gel into them.
Take the mixing cap off of the syringe and replace the plastic cap. Store the Nite White ACP gel syringes in a cool, dry place for best results.
Leave the Nite White ACP whitening tray in your mouth overnight. Remove the tray first thing in the morning.
Rinse the trays with cold water until you remove most, if not all, of the gel. Use a dry, soft bristled toothbrush to remove any stubborn gel deposits. Place the trays in their storage case and store them with the gel syringes.
Brush and floss your teeth until any excess gel is removed. You may need to rinse a couple of times while brushing.
Repeat this process every night for up to two weeks.
Tips and warnings
- Use an electronic toothbrush after whitening to maintain the whiteness for a longer period of time.
- For best results, avoid coffee, tea, red wine and cigarettes during the two-week whitening period.
- Keep Nite White ACP out of the sunlight.
- Never use Nite White ACP after the expiration date.
- Pregnant and nursing mothers, immunodeficient people and those younger than 13 should check with their physician before using Nite White ACP.
- Discontinue use of Nite White ACP if you experience extremely painful sensitivity or if sensitivity does not decrease after the third day of use.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for