Keep every cup of espresso or coffee tasting just as good as the first by properly maintaining your Krups espresso machine. You need to perform regular cleaning every time you use the appliance to remove old coffee grounds or oils that can affect the flavour of your brew. In addition to regular cleaning, you also need to remove any mineral build-up from the inside of the machine. This build-up, called calcification, can affect the performance of your Krups espresso machine, and you should perform a deep cleaning any time the machine becomes louder or begins to take longer to brew your coffee and espresso.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Dish soap
- Soft towel
- Damp rag
- Krups descaling solution
Unplug your Krups espresso machine from the electrical socket and let it cool before you begin cleaning.
Lift open the lid on the top of the espresso machine and remove the filter basket. Discard any coffee grounds in the basket.
Wash the filter basket, coffee and espresso carafes and the carafe lids in warm, soapy water. Rinse the soap away with clean water and dry these items with a soft towel.
Wipe the outside of the Krups espresso machine clean with a damp rag.
Empty one packet of Krups descaling solution into 1/2 qt. of warm water.
Pour the descaling solution and water mixture into the water tank of your Krups espresso machine.
Place the coffee carafe onto the espresso machine as if you were brewing a pot of coffee.
Turn the machine on and turn the selector dial on the front of the espresso machine to the coffee setting. The mixture will begin to brew and flow through the machine.
Turn off your Krups espresso machine when the cycle is complete, and allow the fluid in the carafe to cool.
Pour the cool fluid in the carafe back into the water tank and repeat steps three through five to thoroughly clean your espresso machine.
Repeat steps three through six using 1/2 qt. of cold, clean water in place of the descaling solution. This will rinse your Krups espresso machine.
Tips and warnings
- Plan to perform a deep cleaning on your Krups espresso machine once a year if you have soft water and once a month if you have hard water.
- You can also wash the filter basket, carafes and lids in the top rack of your dishwasher.
- Do not use any type of abrasive cleaners to clean any part of your Krups espresso machine.
- Do not wipe out the inside of the water tank. This could leave behind a residue. Instead, rinse the water tank with clean water when necessary.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for