Tiki torches add a tropical flair to a patio or outside garden area. Standard tiki torch fuel -- which helps ward off mosquitoes -- is available at local home and garden centres. Homemade tiki torch fuel provides light, but does not have the ingredients to keep mosquitoes at bay. A simple oil lamp fuel made from isopropyl alcohol and distilled water will burn in a tiki torch. Pure olive oil or coconut oil will burn clean in a tiki torch and do not require mixing.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Glass or metal mixing container
- 473ml. bottle isopropyl alcohol, 91 to 96 per cent alcohol content
- Distilled water
- Measuring spoons
- Essential oil (optional)
Measure one tsp of distilled water. Pour the distilled water into the 473ml. bottle of isopropyl alcohol.
Replace the lid on the bottle. Shake to mix.
Add a fragrance to the fuel, if you choose. Add 1/2 tsp of essential oil, such as lavender or rose. Shake to mix the contents.
Pour the homemade fuel into the fuel chamber of the tiki torch.
Tips and warnings
- Shake the bottle to mix the fuel each time before you pour it into the tiki torch's fuel chamber.
- Label the container as tiki torch fuel.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for