If pine nuts are consumed after they have gone rancid or bad, they can cause a common bacterial effect known as pine mouth. Pine mouth causes the back of the mouth to be consumed by a strong bitter flavour and will affect how everything else tastes. Many people describe eating and drinking while plagued with pine mouth to be miserable because everything has a strong metallic flavour. If you know a few tips to help reverse the bacterial effect, you easily can soften the symptoms of pine mouth until it goes away on its own.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 100 per cent aloe vera juice
- Activated charcoal tablets
Drink plenty of water despite the bad taste to keep yourself hydrated, and try to eat as regularly as you can tolerate. Avoiding all intake will make you feel worse.
Drink two 236ml. glasses of 100 per cent aloe vera juice a day, available in health food stores or online.
Take an activated charcoal tablet (500 mg) with an 236ml. glass of water. If the taste persists, take two 500 mg charcoal tablets in one day.
Tips and warnings
- Eat foods that are acidic to get the least intense pine mouth taste, such as salads with vinaigrettes and tomatoes.
- Avoid all other drinks except for water; flavoured drinks will not mix well with pine mouth.
- Pine mouth fades away on its own from a few days to a few weeks.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for