There are a variety of batteries that range between the simple AA and AAA batteries used in everyday remotes, toys and other items to car batteries. Beyond basic sizing differences, there are differences in the type of batteries available on the market. There are two basic types: rechargeable batteries and batteries that are not rechargeable.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Remove the batteries from the device. Exact methods of removal will differ on the batteries and the device, but usually the device has a tab taken off the back or bottom and the batteries either slide out or are pulled out.
Place the batteries in the charger. Usually the positive side faces upward and it goes into the charger in a similar manner as putting batteries into a TV remote. Some chargers are multipurpose and can charge several types of batteries while others are designed specifically for one size and type.
Plug the charger into an outlet. Never place batteries into a plugged-in charger to prevent potential injuries. Wait as long as the directions of the charger suggest for the type of battery. The exact amount of time will vary based on the type of batteries, the size of batteries and the charger.
Tips and warnings
- For car and vehicle batteries, allow a professional to recharge it or purchase a new battery.
- Never try recharging a battery that is not specifically designed for charging. The different battery types determine whether the battery can recharge or not.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for