Teeth are similar to porcelain and enamel. They are strong and sturdy, but over time and with repeated exposure, they absorb stains resulting in discolouration. Stains on your teeth may cause you to feel less than confident when you smile. While commercial stain removers and teeth whiteners are available at the store or your dentist's office, these products and services can be costly. Natural teeth-whitening methods remove stains from teeth and are more cost-effective.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Fresh strawberries
- Orange rind
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Aluminium foil
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- Pinch of table salt
Slice up two fresh strawberries. Rub the inner white part of the strawberries over your teeth to whiten them and remove stains. Do this each morning with the insides of two strawberries.
Rub the white part of the inside of an orange rind on your teeth each night. Used regularly, orange rind keeps your teeth white and shiny.
Place 1 1/2 tsp baking soda in a bowl and add a few drops of hydrogen peroxide to form a paste. Wipe the paste onto the fronts of your teeth, then cover your teeth with strips of aluminium foil. Leave the whitening paste in place up to 30 minutes. Remove and discard the aluminium strips. Rinse your mouth with water to remove the peroxide paste.
Combine 1 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp white vinegar and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Brush your teeth each morning and night with the homemade toothpaste to whiten teeth and freshen breath.
Tips and warnings
- Equal parts of lemon juice and table salt remove yellow discolouration on teeth.
- Cut down or eliminate altogether substances that are notorious for staining teeth, such as cigarettes and other forms of tobacco, as well as coffee, tea and colas.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for