Many Audi owners have the option to upgrade their vehicle with extra features and accessories, such as a GPS navigation device. The Audi's Navteq navigation device provides drivers with turn-by-turn directions and a points of interest database filled with locations like hotels, restaurants and stores. Map updates for Audi vehicles can be purchased from the Navteq online shop, then installed on the navigation system.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Go to Navigation.com, and use the menus on the left to select "Built-in, Factory Installed," then "Audi" and A8/A8L/S8." Select your car's year, and the current update is shown.
Click "Add to Cart" and "Checkout." Enter your payment and shipping information so the update may be mailed to you. The update is sent on a DVD.
Insert the new DVD into the navigation system and wait for the update screen to appear. Enter the authorisation code provided on the DVD case, if prompted to do so. Wait for the update process to complete, then eject the DVD from the system. The new maps are now ready to use.
Tips and warnings
- As of October 2010, updates range in price from £83 to £168, depending on your car's year.
- Do not turn off the vehicle or remove the DVD during the update process. Doing so can permanently damage the GPS system.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for