A Smarties box gives you two treats in one. The chocolate candy is a treat, of course, and the box can be transformed into an annoying, and therefore fun, whistle. Milk Duds, Mike and Ike, and Good & Plenty are other candies packaged in a similar way. Before tossing these empty candy boxes in the recycle bin, reuse them by creating a band of mini instruments.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Smarties candy box
Open the Smarties box at one end by carefully lifting the four flaps.
Eat the candy in its entirety. Your box must be empty.
Cut or carefully tear off the four flaps at their seams.
Insert the box 1/2 inch into your mouth.
Seal your lips around the outside of the box.
Blow air into the box with enough force to make a whistling noise.
Tips and warnings
- Larger candy boxes are more difficult to insert into your mouth but can be effective as whistles.
- Do not open both ends of the candy box. Even if the ends are resealable, your whistle is less likely to perform and may burst open when blowing air through it.
- If your mouth is too wet, the box will become too soggy to work effectively. Empty another box of candy and make another whistle.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for