Bananas are enjoyed by people of all ages for their sweet taste and soft texture. According to the World's Healthiest Foods, bananas have several health benefits as well. Bananas are an excellent source of potassium, which is believed to help maintain healthy blood pressure. This yellow fruit is also used as an antacid that can soothe an upset stomach and help protect against ulcers. Bananas can be roasted in the oven to add a new twist to traditional banana recipes, including banana bread and the banana split.
- Skill level:
Select ripe bananas that are yellow, not green, and that have a minimal amount of black spots or striping on the peel. The bananas should also be slightly firm to the touch.
Preheat the oven to 177 degrees Celsius.
Place two to three bananas in their peel onto an ungreased baking tray.
Place the baking tray into the oven on a middle rack.
Cook the bananas for 12 to 15 minutes. The bananas are done when the peel takes on a blackened appearance and the inner fruit of the banana begins to seep out slightly.
Remove the baking tray from the oven and allow the bananas to cool completely before peeling.
Tips and warnings
- Bananas can also be cut down the middle and placed with the peel side up on an aluminium foil covered baking tray to roast.
- Always use an oven glove when removing a hot baking tray from your oven.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for