Beer pong is a drinking game where 10 cups are placed in a triangle on each end of an 8-foot long table. The first six cups are filled with beer and the four cups on the back row are filled with water. The object is to bounce ping pong balls into your opponents cups so they have to drink the contents of that cup. Many places offer beer pong tournaments, and there's even an annual World Series of Beer Pong Tournament played by the winners of regional tournaments. Whether you want to play with some friends, or practice your skills for a tournament, you can build a quick and inexpensive beer pong table at home.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 8-by-2-foot piece of plywood
- Two equal size sawhorses
Place the sawhorses parallel to each other four feet apart, then place the plywood on top. Each sawhorse should be approximately two feet from the edge of the table. The advantage of sawhorses is that you can break down and store your table when not using it.
Paint a triangle at each end of the table, starting at the corners and moving up to a point in the centre. Each side of the triangle should be about 1 1/2 feet long.
Paint the top of the plywood with lacquer and let it dry. Then add a second coat of lacquer for a smooth playing surface.
Tips and warnings
- Optional Steps
- 1. Paint the table the colour of your choice before adding the triangles at the ends.
- 2. Use stencils to create a professional looking beer pong table.
- 3. Nail four two-by-fours perpendicular to the bottom of the plywood in place of the sawhorses for a permanent fixture.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for