Mold is a common problem in damp areas, such as basements; the mould spores thrive on the moisture found there. If you've found mould on your concrete walls, you want to remove it as soon as possible, as both live and dead mould spores can affect your family's health. Cleaning the mould off of your walls will take only an afternoon, but you have to maintain constant vigilance if you want to keep the mould from coming back.
Mix 2 tbsp of dish soap into 1 gallon of warm water in the bucket.
Wet the entire mouldy area to reduce the amount of mould spores you'll release when cleaning.
Use the stiff-bristled scrub brush to clean off the mould. Dip the brush into the soapy water as needed.
Empty the bucket.
Mix a solution of 1 part bleach to 4 parts water in your bucket. Spread this liberally over the mouldy area. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
Rinse the bleach solution off with clean, warm water.
Point a fan at the mouldy area to dry it.
Protect yourself with a safety mask. As you clean the area, you'll disrupt the mould spores. If you breathe these in, you could become sick. Keeping a dehumidifier in your basement can help reduce the moisture levels, decreasing the chance that you'll have a mould problem again.