Ticks do not normally infest homes unless you live in a wooded areas or near fields. Sometimes you may bring one into your home on your clothes, or perhaps one might be carried in on your dog. If you notice ticks in your house, first inspect your dog for ticks and remove any that you find. Once you take care of your dog, it is time to get rid of the dog ticks in your home. There are effective ways to take care of a tick infestation in your home.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Flea and tick fogger
- Lavender, lemon grass, sage, and thyme essential oils
- One tablespoon carrier oil
- Eight ounce spray bottle
- Distilled water
Inspect your home for ticks. Look in high places since ticks tend to crawl to higher areas as they do in grass. Check in cracks and crevices around windows and doors.
Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the flea and tick fogger to treat the areas in your home where there are ticks. Many foggers have time-release agents that kill for weeks after the initial application.
Combine five drops each of lavender, lemon grass, sage, and thyme essential oils with one tbsp carrier oil in an eight ounce spray bottle of distilled water.
Spray the mixture in crevices, on furniture, bedding and other areas were the ticks were noticed. This mixture helps to repel ticks by creating an environment that is not conducive for them to thrive.
Tips and warnings
- Purchase a fogger that contains growth regulators. This inhibits the hatching of eggs that are already in your home.
- The use of a fogger may be all you need to get rid of dog ticks in your home, however, it is recommended to follow up with the essential oils treatment to repel any ticks that may survive the fogging.
- Spray your dog and yourself with the essential oils mixture before going out for walks in wooded areas or fields where ticks live.
- If you need to store the essential oils mixture, do so in an opaque or dark coloured bottle to ensure the longevity of the oils.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for