The DVP NS78H is a CD/DVD player manufactured by the Sony Corporation. The NS78H has several special features, including various play mode functions, playback picture adjustment and the ability to use the NS78H remote control on other televisions. Additionally, the unit offers child-lock features to prevent unwanted access to the player. You can lock the player's disc tray and lock individual DVDs so they cannot be watched. Unlocking the Sony NS78H requires pressing a series of buttons on the remote and entering your four-digit password.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Make sure your Sony NS78H is in "Standby" mode. Press the "On/Standby" button in the upper-right corner of your Sony NS78H remote control.
Press the "Return" button to the left of the directional arrows in the centre of the controller. The symbol on the "Return" button will show an arc going from one circle to another.
Push the "Enter" button in the centre of the remote's directional arrows.
Press the "Enter/Standby" button.
Unlock a DVD disc. Open the player tray and insert the DVD. You will be prompted to enter a four-digit password.
Enter your password and press the "Enter" button on the remote control. If you do not remember your password, enter the six-digit code, "199703" and press the "Enter" button. You will be prompted to assign a new password.
Tips and warnings
- When entering a new password, select one that is easy to remember or write the password down and store it in a safe place.
- Selecting "Reset" under the "Setup" menu of the Sony NS78H will not unlock the disc tray.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for