The first sports utility vehicle from Korean automaker Hyundai, the Santa Fe has been in production in the United States since the 2001 model year. The 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe saw significant improvement over previous models, including a more powerful V6 engine and computer-controlled four-wheel drive. Hyundai also offers a keyless entry system for the 2003 Santa Fe that you can program to lock or unlock your vehicle from yards away.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Keyless entry remotes
Locate the ETACS unit in your 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe. Remove the lower dash panel underneath the steering wheel to access the ETACS unit.
Examine the ETACS unit to locate the small programming switch; the switch will be labelled "Off" and "Set."
Press and hold the "Lock" or "Unlock" button on the keyless entry remote. Flip the ETACS programming switch to "Set."
Release the "Lock" or "Unlock" button on the keyless entry remote for your 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe. Flip the ETACS programming switch back to the "Off" position.
Replace the lower dash panel. Test the keyless entry remote to ensure that the programming process was successful.
Tips and warnings
- Repeat Step 3 to program a second keyless entry remote for your 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe. The 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe is capable of supporting two owner-programmed keyless entry remotes.
- Program all keyless entry remotes for your Hyundai Santa Fe at the same time. If you try to program another keyless entry remote at a later time, it will deactivate the previously programmed remotes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for