A Nintendo Wii video game console provides a gamer with the ability to experience nearly endless hours of entertainment, playing video games, watching DVDs and even viewing photographs on a CD. What many Wii owners may not know is that the game console system may be installed for portable operation in a car, truck, or RV. With the right combination of equipment, connection of a Wii system in an automobile is just as simple as connecting an entertainment system at home.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 12-Volt DC to 110-Volt AC power inverter unit, listed for 5 amps and 300 watts continuous duty
- Standard power strip with two or more outlets
- Portable television set
- Wii game console and connection cables
Connect the cigarette plug on the end of the power inverter power cord into the cigarette lighter socket in the vehicle.
Make sure the power switch on the inverter is turned to the 'Off' position, and then plug in the power plug of a multi-outlet power strip into one of the outlets on the inverter unit.
Find a suitable location where the portable television may be set. Tie the television down as needed if it will be used while the vehicle is in motion. Perform this same step for location and securing of the Wii game console.
Plug in the television and Wii power cords into the outlets on the installed power strip, making sure the power buttons on both are in the 'Off' position. Connect game controllers to the Wii system.
Start the automobile and allow to idle so any electricity drawn by your system, from the car battery, is replaced by the vehicle's alternator.
Turn on the power inverter, and also set any power switch located on the power strip to "On." Once the inverter and the power strip have been activated, turn on the Wii system and use as you normally would in a home entertainment environment.
Tips and warnings
- Turn the vehicle off for a half hour periodically to conserve fuel. With most modern colour televisions and Wii systems being power-efficient, operating in a "half-hour running, half-hour off" manner should ensure the car battery is never fully drained.
- Power inverters can become quite hot if used heavily for extended periods. If using the system for more than an hour at a time, set the inverter on a hard surface which isn't prone to melting or catching on fire.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for