The salon business is a thriving industry despite the economic climate, because people are always concerned about their looks. If you own a salon, one of the most important things you should focus on is proper sanitation to make sure clients are always safe. Proper sanitation allows for a cleaner, brighter salon and returning customers.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Liquid and/or powder detergent
- Isopropyl alcohol, 80%
- Baking soda
- Clean soft rags
- Rubber gloves
- Face mask
Gather all hand-held tools such as nippers, clippers, nail pushers, brushes, scissors, hair clips and anything else that needs to be sanitised. Put them in a large tub full of hot water and let them sit for at least 30 minutes. Be sure to have your rubber gloves on.
Soak them in another tub filled with 80% alcohol for full disinfection. Let them sit for no less than one hour.
Dry each and every tool using a soft clean rag. Pat them gently and avoid vigorous rubbing.
Disinfect electrical equipment with alcohol wipes. Gently wipe off the surface as well as the insides of the equipment using the wipes and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
Scrub the sinks and counters using one part powdered or liquid detergent and three parts water. Let it sit for an hour or so before rinsing.
Mix three parts water and one part baking soda and stir until totally blended. Use the solution as a bleaching agent by dampening a clean cloth and scrubbing all recently cleaned surfaces.
Tips and warnings
- Use natural-based cleaning supplies as much as possible in order to prevent health and environmental ramifications.
- Clean and disinfect all salon tools and equipment as often as possible.
- Buy cleaning supplies by the bulk to save money and time.
- Read the manual for all electrical salon equipment. If the manual states that only dry cleaning is safe for such equipment, never attempt to use water or any liquid cleaning ingredient.
- Do not use any corrosive ingredients on metallic tools.
- Make sure all electric tools are unplugged before cleaning them.
- Never clean salon supplies and equipment without using rubber gloves and face mask.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for